WHY TOYOTA HYBRID?
Toyota hybrids don’t compromise on power or performance. They recharge on the go, so they never need to be plugged in. They require no additional routine maintenance or change in driving and fueling habits. And they help you reduce your carbon footprint with every kilometre. In fact, since 1997, Toyota’s hybrid lineup has prevented over 94 million tons of CO2 emissions globally.
With multiple award-winning models to choose from, there’s a Toyota hybrid to match your lifestyle. So why not get one today?
REASONS TO CHOOSE HYBRID
The reasons to choose a hybrid are as diverse as the lives we lead. And with the most hybrid models on the market, we have one to help you get the most out of life.
ENJOY THE RIDE
- Toyota hybrids are designed to offer similar, sometimes greater, levels of performance than their conventional gas counterpart.
- Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive works seamlessly in the background, so you don’t need to change a thing about how you drive or how you fuel your vehicle.
- Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive system charges the battery in two ways, and neither require you to plug your vehicle in.
- Toyota hybrids need no additional routine maintenance. In fact, they follow the same maintenance schedule as gas-powered vehicles.
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), such as the Prius Prime, can optionally be plugged in for extended electric-only range. In fact, Prius Prime can travel up to 1,035 km* with a full tank of gas and a full electric charge.
- Toyota hybrid vehicles have saved over 94 million tons of CO2 emissions globally since we first launched the hybrid vehicle in 1997.
- Choosing a Toyota hybrid makes you part of a movement toward sustainable modes of transportation. Toyota is committed to making a positive net impact, through the reduction of emissions by new Toyota vehicles by 90% in comparison to 2010 levels, by 2050.
- Once the time comes, hybrid batteries can be dismantled and recycled or repurposed just like any other battery.
PEACE OF MIND
- All Toyota hybrids and their components have been designed and tested for life in Canada and adhere to Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. Plus, Toyota Safety Sense comes standard on all hybrid vehicles.
- Toyota hybrids have been extensively tested in cold weather — so they’re ready to take on whatever a Canadian winter might bring.
- Over 98% of Toyota hybrid vehicles sold in Canada since 2001 have never had their original battery replaced. All hybrid components, including the hybrid battery, are backed by an 8-year/160,000 km warranty.
HOW TOYOTA HYBRIDS WORK
Toyota hybrids can operate in electric-only mode, gas-mode only, or a seamless combination of both. It all happens automatically, without need for driver input. The result? A powertrain that produces up to 70% less smog forming emissions than conventional gas engines and diesels – without sacrificing performance or ever needing to plug-in.